Siemens HMI Backups

zacslade

Hi all,

I understand that it's possible to backup a Siemens Simatic touch-panel using ProSave. However, from what I can tell there is no way to modify the prosave backup.

Suppose I go to a client site with an HMI which was programmed by a 3rd party. They don't have a backup of the project, and they want me to add a button to one of their HMI. Is it possible for me to do it, or do I have to rebuild their entire HMI code in order to add the button?

Thanks,
Zac

With Prosave, unless it has changed recently, you can't open the file you suck out of the HMI. you can only download it to the same or another panel.

When the file was originally downloaded, there is an option to check to allow the file to be uploaded, either "Enable Upload" "Enable Backtransfer" or something like that. If they had that box checked, you should be able to retrieve the file using WinCC Flex, .... If they didn't check that block I'm afraid you may be out of luck.

With Prosave, unless it has changed recently, you can't open the file you suck out of the HMI. you can only download it to the same or another panel.

When the file was originally downloaded, there is an option to check to allow the file to be uploaded, either "Enable Upload" "Enable Backtransfer" or something like that. If they had that box checked, you should be able to retrieve the file using WinCC Flex, .... If they didn't check that block I'm afraid you may be out of luck.

One note: Backtransfer is only available on the older WinCC Flex panels. In addition to checking the box, the panel also needed a memory card or USB stick large enough to store the project, as it wouldn't fit in the built in storage. The newer comfort/basic panels in Portal do not have the backtransfer feature at all.