ClicK PLC- question about inputs and timers

quietman187

Hey there all. Student in training here. I have a kind of dumb question about Click programming.

How do I have an input (momentary push button)and put a timer on it so that when it is pushed, the logic wont recognize it for 15 mins? then after 15 mins the button will be "active" again.

Haven't worked with click, but generally speaking:

The button will set a bit
The set bit will start a timer
When timer runs out, reset bit.
Now button can set bit once again.

Haven't worked with click, but generally speaking:

The button will set a bit
The set bit will start a timer
When timer runs out, reset bit.
Now button can set bit once again.

But what about the output? Putting a timer on input will delay my output by 15 mins, I need it to release the solenoid instantly (which it does now), but then be dead for 15 mins.

When you start the timer, set an internal bit. In a separate rung, when the timer expires, reset the bit. Use this bit to condition your rung where you have your output so that while the internal lock out bit is on (timer active) the output cannot fire.

When you start the timer, set an internal bit. In a separate rung, when the timer expires, reset the bit. Use this bit to condition your rung where you have your output so that while the internal lock out bit is on (timer active) the output cannot fire.

Hmmm, okay. I think I get what you are saying. I will try before lunch and post results. Thanks!

is the push button an HMI input or a physical button? The reason I ask is that the memory address is different for physical inputs(X1 example) than an hmi (C1 example). One way to do it is to set on a internal bit from the phyiscal input/hmiinput that goes to the the timer and use a reset coil when the timer is done.