Unity/Modicon, Read only

KKleinstick

A little background information on myself:

I have been strapped to Allen Bradley/Rockwell for the last 15 years as an electromech. I've done some programming, HMI work and hardware troubleshooting but really the most useful part of the job was being able to log on and see live that O:2/3 wasn't firing because I:6/7 was false (the I/O is made up, but the situation was real) or the PLC faulted because a genius caused a math overflow. It gave us a place to start.

So new job, PLCs are all Modicon... ****. Even if I DO manage to get online, all the programming notes (I'm sure it is all well documented) will be in Italian and I have no mentor here.

I'm not looking to have my hand held, a lot of what I know about Rockwell was from manuals. So a nudge in the right direction would be appreciated. Is there Unity for Dummies .pdf out there?

Thanks,
Seeking Read Only.

Firstly which model of PLC are we talking about ?

Well no dummies guide but there is some good reference documents knocking around, like this for instance.

http://static.schneider-electric.us/docs/Automation Products/35006144.pdf

You need to get yourself some training really to make the best start on it. What is the main issue that's causing you grief ?

Also i don't think the notes being in Italian are really a criticism of Unity !