Error retrieving OPC-UA server details

B&R_user

Hi,

On the project i'm working on i'd like to connect Labview to an OPC-UA server on a B&R X20CP3586.

After the configuration of the B&R, i couldn't find the server with Labiew (with "Quick OPC client", part of the DSC Labview 2013 module).

So i tried to connect and gather more information on the server with the software Makitron OPC-UA Tunneller.

The Makitron software recognize de OPC-UA server, but i cannot connect to it.
OpcUa_BadTcpInternalError 0x80820000 An internal error has occurred.

What could have caused this internal error?

The server configuration on the B&R seems pretty simple, so i don't get what i did wrong.

Thanks.

Ps: for the moment my firewall is off and the DCOM parameters of the computers are correctly configured
fTff8k

image: https://ibb.co/fTff8k

update

>Modbus on TCP/IP communication is more simple to achieve if you want to communicate between Labview and a PLC.
http://www.ni.com/tutorial/13911/en/

>I'm still trying the OPC-UA server solution thought.
I cannot connect to the B&R OPC UA server.
Using the OPC UA VIEWER from CommServer I can find the server (with the IP adress):
opc.tcp://br-automation:4840/ - [SignAndEncrypt:Basic128Rsa15:Binary]
Then i try to connect to it with:
- no security mode
- no security policy
- anonymous identity
- default message encoding.

(The B&R OPC UA server is rightly configured to accept thoses modes)
Even before connecting to it i got the message:
Configuration options may not be correct because the server is not available.

Then after trying to connect:

The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found

at System.Net.Dns.GetAddrInfo(String name)
at System.Net.Dns.InternalGetHostByName(String hostName, Boolean includeIPv6)
at System.Net.Dns.GetHostAddresses(String hostNameOrAddress)
at Opc.Ua.Bindings.TcpMessageSocket.BeginConnect(Uri endpointUrl, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
at Opc.Ua.Bindings.TcpClientChannel.BeginConnect(Uri url, Int32 timeout, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
at Opc.Ua.Bindings.TcpClientChannel.BeginSendRequest(IServiceRequest request, Int32 timeout, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
at Opc.Ua.Bindings.TcpTransportChannel.BeginSendRequest(IServiceRequest request, AsyncCallback callback, Object callbackData)
at Opc.Ua.Bindings.TcpTransportChannel.SendRequest(IServiceRequest request)
at Opc.Ua.SessionClient.CreateSession(RequestHeader requestHeader, ApplicationDescription clientDescription, String serverUri, String endpointUrl, String sessionName, Byte[] clientNonce, Byte[] clientCertificate, Double requestedSessionTimeout, UInt32 maxResponseMessageSize, NodeId& sessionId, NodeId& authenticationToken, Double& revisedSessionTimeout, Byte[]& serverNonce, Byte[]& serverCertificate, EndpointDescriptionCollection& serverEndpoints, SignedSoftwareCertificateCollection& serverSoftwareCertificates, SignatureData& serverSignature, UInt32& maxRequestMessageSize)
at Opc.Ua.Client.Session.Open(String sessionName, UInt32 sessionTimeout, IUserIdentity identity, IList`1 preferredLocales)
at CAS.OPC.UA.Viewer.Controls.SessionOpenDlg.Open(Object state)

Any idea?

My bad,

I made some mistakes in the B&R configuration. I mixed up OPC and OPC-UA (two differents configurations!)
It's actually pretty straightforward if you do not mix them up.
Pay attention to the certificates too, mine was obsolete.

I tested three differents OPC-UA Client tools. UaExpert is by far the most useful. You can do anything you want, the Help is OK, and the interface is easy to understand.

PS: If anyone want to use a B&R plc as an OPC-UA server:
the ONLY thing you need is a OpcUaMap.uad file in the connectivity folder of the configuration tree.