Win10 for PLC Laptop ?

Those who use VmWare,
Do you use VMWare Workstation 12 Pro?
How many virtual machines can you set up?
Do you setup a Virtual machine for RSLogix 500, and a different Virtual machine for RSLogix 5000?
How does XP and Win7 operating system licencing work?

Is the VMware program one time purchase or a subscription?

Sorry if this is a hijack on your thread.

You can set up as many VM's as you need. I typically set one up, per project; and that way have a good starting point, if I ever need to return to the site.

Buy an external drive, and archive the heck out of them.

But, start with a very clean, fully updated BASE VM, and keep it pristine.

And, its hard sometimes, but tell yourself that you will never install software on your base machine....always use VMs for everything. Life will be good.

And, when your base needs replacement, you're ready for it, since all the good stuff is on VMs.

I second BlueAltezza on MSI gaming laptops. You take a hit on battery life, but everything else is great, especially the number of M.2 SSD slots (2 SATA and 1 PCIe for my old GE62).