Hows this for a new VFD install

padees

Little PF525 was wired in and set up to run on power up. Disconnect for this is over 200 feet away.

See the reversing starter? Yep, that is how they go from forward to reverse on this conveyor.

I gotta fix this, but thought someone might like a chuckle.

20171018_145332.jpg

Halfway decent wiring job at least... wonder why they didn't use a drive input to toggle the reverse o_O

Decent wiring should work fine
using the drive to reverse and motor overload is much simpler then using a reversing contactor and way cheaper.
one thing you said that disconnect is over 200 ft away.
what is the distance from the drive to the motor ?
I believe code requires the disconnect to be located within 50 ft and in line of sight on all motors with very few exceptions. that's part of the lockout - tag out requirements.
most places require a disconnect at the panel for maintenance to work on it.
I didn't mean to burst your bubble but we all need to try and bring upgrades into compliance when we can.