vending machine using PLC

naggedd

N
Hi, I am doing this school project. Can somebody send a suggestion on the ladder program for a vending machine with 5 buttons across and down, it'll take exact change only, and it'll be hooked to the money in-take also. Money taker would operate just like any other vending machine.

Since this is the practice section...

Here it is. Taken from a real live vending machine. :)

Just out of curiousity - Why are you taking a class if you have no interest in learning by doing the homework yourself?

Last edited:
93lt1,

I've gone over your upload & was curious about the lack of any counters in the logic.

:rolleyes:

By the way - what brand of vending machine was his uploaded from?

And, what if he wants to add credit card options?

card666.gif

cnrservices said:
I've gone over your upload & was curious about the lack of any counters in the logic.

That confused me too, but notice 93's clever use of indirect addressing to eliminate the need for counters... (y)

beerchug

-Eric

Well it was in the practice section...

cnrservices-

This program came from a Dixie-Narco - Anheuser-Busch machine.

Anyone in the VMPLC (vending machine programmable logic controller) programming world knows that to add a credit card option, all you need is the CCIM (Credit Card Interface Module) and you are done. Simply plug it in, no programming required.

Eric-

Most of my VMPLC apps are like this. Mostly indirect - very little visible content. :D

Understand you have 25 buttons? 5 in row and 5 down?
If yes first thing is making a scanner for this keyboard:
assume in1 to in5
assume out1 to out5
the keyboard has all diodes inside to prevent double pushes
set out1
check if in1 on :button1 pressed
check if in2 on 2
check if in3 on 3
check if in4 on 4
check if in5 on 5
reset out1
set out2
check if in1 on :button6 pressed
check if in2 on 7
check if in3 on 8
check if in4 on 9
check if in5 on 10
etc
tell what plc you are using
what did you make sofar
is electric diagram available
is connection diagram ready and checked

make a flow diagram of program
make subroutines

do not expect a solution from us, as we have no idea what hardware is used etc,
(i hate addressing, it is not standard and very difficult to explain)

Does any Rockwell software open PLC files? How do I open PLC files and read the ladders?
No, "any" Rockwell software will not open PLC files. You need the specific Rockwell software for each different brand and model of PLC. Other Rockwell software is for other purposes (graphic operator programs for example).

For most of the Rockwell PLC software packages, start the program, then click on "File, Open".

No, "any" Rockwell software will not open PLC files. You need the specific Rockwell software for each different brand and model of PLC. Other Rockwell software is for other purposes (graphic operator programs for example).

For most of the Rockwell PLC software packages, start the program, then click on "File, Open".

I think he's referring to the .plc extension on the file name, most likely a dirty trick of some kind on a n00b. I saw the .plc extension and deleted the thing immediately.

cnrservices-

This program came from a Dixie-Narco - Anheuser-Busch machine.

Anyone in the VMPLC (vending machine programmable logic controller) programming world knows that to add a credit card option, all you need is the CCIM (Credit Card Interface Module) and you are done. Simply plug it in, no programming required.

Eric-

Most of my VMPLC apps are like this. Mostly indirect - very little visible content. :D
And I must add: very compact coding without resulting in complete confusion for the service techies...

İct coinchanger plc communication

Hello,

Iam trying to communicate to ict cc6100 coinchanger via codesys 2.
And i should send reset init poll commands from plc.
Did anyone did same project i need help!
Thank you!