Communication Omron PLC and Omron Programmable Terminal

TheBeast

Hey all,

I have a question. I have a Omron CP1L PLC with a serial RS232 Comm port.

I also have a Programmable Terminal, the NQ3-TQ00-B

It no problem to send data via USB from my pc to my PLC and it is aswell not a problem to send data from my PC to my Programmable Terminal via USB.

However, I now want my PLC to send some data to the display. I know that this can be done via the RS232 protocol. I have read that I must assign data to some memory area in CX-programmer. I did that (section D100 to D103) and now i want to send the data in that memory section to my screen via RS232.

2 questions:
How do i make my PLC send the data via RS232?
How can i make my NQ series programmable terminal recieve data from the PLC via RS232 and show it on the screen?

I hope you guys can help me cause i am getting really confused here.:confused:

Thanks

Welcome to the Forum!

I haven't done anything with your particular setup, but I have done lots of Omron NT/NS HMIs to C200H/CS1 PLCs, and other manufacturers. In general you setup your HMI to talk to a particular PLC or PLCs. Then create screens with Pushbuttons, Pilots, and Numerical Displays which you point to Addressed in the PLC. The HMI reads the Status or Value asynchronously from the PLC over the Communications Link, and displays the result on your HMI Screen.

If you are using Omron CX-One, there should be a link to Manuals and References. Failing that, they should be available on the Omron Web Site.

Stu....