DDE/OLP to trigger Excel

DannyD303

Hello all,

I watched the tutorials on how to bring data into an excel file using the DDE/OLP function. What I'm trying to figure out is how to use a BOOL control tag to trigger a macro inside of an excel sheet, if possible.

The details:
The machine in question has an input the operators can use to pause the operation of the machine for a variety of reasons. What I am trying to do is record when and for how long the machine is paused and for every time the machine is pause to have the excel sheet increment a cell by 1.

For example:
2/27/2017 12:55 30seconds
2/27/2017 13:15 10 seconds

I found a way that I can use a timer inside the PLC to capture how long the switch is active but it wont tell me if it was paused for 10 seconds 6 times, or if it was one time for a minute.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.