Rslogix 5000 last person online?

jasil

2 new mechanics have the ability to get online and troubleshoot PLC programs now.

Is there a way besides "time folder was modified" to see the last person to open or going online the program?

We do not have Asset Centre...........just trying to find a work around, so if I come in and suddenly something stops working I can figure out the last time someone was online without putting a password on everything.

Thoughts? Basic is fine ;)

If you're using Windows, create a batch file with the following text.....

echo %DATE% %TIME% %USERNAME% >> log.txt
start C:\Users\jethridge\Desktop\ABB_PLC.project

Replace the C:\... with the location/file that you want to put under control. Place that batch file in some shared location and ask your mechanics to open the program through that batch. It will create a log.txt file in the same location as the batch file with the date, time, and user that last opened the file.

I think there's software called StaffCop that will do something similar, but it's around $50 a license.

Last edited: