Connecting to a Weintek HMI

I use Advanced IP Scanner it displays Weintek Labs gives IP and mac Address. I also use it to label everything on our network simple and easy. Depending on the version of panel don't know if it pertains to upload I found I had Been using a 5043T and my supplier sent me a 5043N couldn't open or download program used advanced ip scanner identified device uploaded and used the utility to decompile. Saved days of work.

Thanks sjohnson,

I was able to connect to the panel as now I get a clearer error message asking me to recheck my password. I believe it's password protected and so the battle continues (y)

Did you try the default password? 111111
Yep, and tomorrow I will try to connect and upload from a weintek on a machine from a different supplier to make sure I'm on the right track and that those specific ones I'm having problem with are in fact password protected and that I'm not still having general connection problem.

Thanks sjohnson.

Kal

Found the Secret

There is an article about downloading via Ethernet on the Knowledge Base.
The part I needed with my Win10 Pro machine is set the IPv4 protocol in Control Panel.
"Download PDF" link gave error 404, so I made my own PDF. Attached.

Important part from Weintek's Support/Knowledge page:
"​Step 1. Click the Start button and then click [Control Panel].
Under [Network and Sharing Center] click [View network status and tasks].
Click [Local Area Connection] » [Properties], and then double click [Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)] to open the settings page.

Step 2. Set the network on PC to the same settings as HMI.
For example, as shown in the preceding figure, the HMI IP is 192.168.1.100, so the IP of the PC should be 192.168.1.xxx, where x stands for any number."

Did it with a crossover cable. Not sure if that matters or not.

Last edited:
Thanks keithkyll, This information could've save me lots of time as that was exactly what I had to do to connect after lots of trials.
But I am still getting the check password error so they must be password protected. They were all accessible via "Easy Access", may that have been the reason for password protection or are the two (password for remote access and upload/download) unrelated?

Thanks
Kal

Don't remember messing with the PC IP in the past. After upgrading two laptops to Win8, I wasn't able to communicate via Ethernet. Kept updating versions of EB Pro, but that didn't help. Ditto for Win10 Home and Pro. Happy to find the solution.

There is separate passwords for access, download, and upload. Default is 111111 for all. I've never changed them.