PLC Info and Video Feed on large screen

secs

Hi all.

I need to display some figures from various AB Plc's around the factory on a large screen. Currently we use a mix of AB panelviews and more recently Red Lion G3 screens.

So as a demo I ordered a Weintek Mtv-100 to play with.

Now after this was ordered, I was told they want new cameras installed in various pieces of equipment so I intend to install IP cameras to make it easier for us to wire and also make it available to the internal network.

So what is out there that I can use to combine the 2 into one screen? What I mean is say a the running figures and a live feed from a camera on a large tv screen with perhaps the facililty to select which camera is being displayed?

Peter

On the AdvancedHMI forum is a plug-in that will let you show live video feed on the HMI application:

http://advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=976.0

This has been tested with Webcams and video capture devices, but I am not sure about IP cameras. It uses the Microsoft DirectShow. If your camera is capable if being viewed in applications like Windows Media Player or Skype, then it should work.

Another option is to add a web browser window into the AdvancedHMI application and view the feed from an HTTP based connection to the camera.