Proficy 9.0 UDT HMI Read Question

stn99nts

Hi All,

I'm fairly new to Proficy and perhaps the problem is that I'm trying to get it to do some of the same things I'm used to doing with RSLogix5000, but...

I am having trouble getting a Quickpanel+ HMI to read and write from the boolean values of the UDTs I created. I am using Proficy 9.0 and the processor is an RX3i CPE305.

Basically, whenever I press a button on the HMI that is linked to one of the boolean values of a UDT-assigned variable , nothing happens. When I change the target write bit to something with an actual address such as %M00577 for example, the bit changes as I toggle the pushbutton.

Does Proficy allow the HMI to read UDT bits? If so, are there any special considerations beyond just creating the UDT and pointing to it in the pushbutton properties?

I am assuming your HMI and PLC are in the same project.

There is a property of the PLC variable called Publish. Change this property to "External Read/Write" to allow the HMI to communicate both ways with the variable.

If you only want to display the variable, you can use "External Read-Only".

I don't think you can do this change directly on the UDT. You will have to change every usage of the required variable.

Thanks.

Changed the bits to "External Read/Write" and the HMI buttons work now. I also had to change the UDT memory type to 'discrete' in order for it to publish. This memory type change also made my UDT timers unusable. Pretty good lessons for next time.