Graphite - Blinking Alarm Indicator

Steve Etter

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
On the Red Lion Graphite panels there are three button/indicators at the bottom below the screen. The left-most of these is triangular shaped and is, by default, used to indicate fault conditions. That is also the way I want to continue using it.

The problem I have is that it flashes any time anything is on the alarm page regardless of whether it's acknowledged, cleared, or active. I'd like to make it stop flashing without having to clear everything off of the page (we like to have it as a running record of what has happened).

Does anyone know a method for setting this so that only "active" alarms cause it to flash?

Ok. I did it a little differently and will simply have to train the operators to do things slightly differently than they are use to at this point.

I left the Alarm Viewer screen alone and created a second Event Viewer. On the page with the Alarm Viewer, I added a button labeled "HISTORY" that takes them to the page with the Event Viewer. Now they can accept and clear all alarms on the Alarm Viewer but still have record of what occured and when on their History page.

Ok. I did it a little differently and will simply have to train the operators to do things slightly differently than they are use to at this point.

I left the Alarm Viewer screen alone and created a second Event Viewer. On the page with the Alarm Viewer, I added a button labeled "HISTORY" that takes them to the page with the Event Viewer. Now they can accept and clear all alarms on the Alarm Viewer but still have record of what occured and when on their History page.

That is exactly what I do. I will often have a pop-up to clear the history with security restrictions on who can do it.