Android/IPAD HMI/PLC View

slpefanis

Hi All.
I'm looking for a lightweight application that i can install on a mobile device to show some information from a Rockwell PLC. I was looking for something like sweetwilliams, but the creater has taken ill and no loger supporting.

Would like to have something that doesn't require serve/client software, but at this stage happy to look at whats out there.

Cheers

http://www.idea-teknik.com/en/hmi_droid.html

Check this out. I haven't used it myself but I was looking into an application where we would use this to communicate with a Micro850 PLC via Modbus TCP.

No reason why it wouldn't work in theory.

If you had an AB ControlLogix or CompactLogix you would need to use the Rockwell sample code to add support for Modbus TCP or use a third party module from someone like ProSoft.

Does it have to be iOS or Android? A Windows tablet will open up a lot more options of software and the hardware will be lower in cost also.