SimaticNet Tag Syntax

Pete_S

Hi,

I am trying to read tags in a DB on a S71500 controller using SimaticNet V12. I have PC station configured in project as V8.2 so I can use DA connection and I can browse to tags in the \SYM group. What I would like to do is add tags in OPC Scout that read using DBX,X1.0 and DBX,B1.0 syntax. Is this possible? Or can someone tell me what syntax I would have to use to read from another client? I can connect to the OPC.SimaticNET server with Kepserver OPC quick client but unsure groups that i would need to use to get to tag level. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Last edited:
If you have setup an S7 connection, then instead of [SYM] you should browse to [S7].
Example:
MyConnection[S7]DB10.DBX1.0, BOOL, 1

(this from memory, I cannot tell it exactly since I have left my PC in the hands of the IT department for today).

Also, be sure that the DBs in question are non-optimised, and that access via PUT-GET is enabled.

If you have setup an S7 connection, then instead of [SYM] you should browse to [S7].
Example:
MyConnection[S7]DB10.DBX1.0, BOOL, 1

(this from memory, I cannot tell it exactly since I have left my PC in the hands of the IT department for today).

Also, be sure that the DBs in question are non-optimised, and that access via PUT-GET is enabled.

Thanks JesperMP. Would you be willing to provide valid syntax when you get your PC back? DB's are not optimized and I have Put/Get access enabled.