SLC 5/05, RSLinx & Ethernet problem

hhuong

Hi All,

I have a SLC 5/05 (1747-L551B), PanelView 1000 and Ethernet Hub. The Panelview 1000 is connected to SLC serial port via 1747-CP3 cable. An Ethernet hub is connect to SLC Ethernet port via standard CAT5 cable.

Based on this setup, I am curious if there is a way that I can make the Panelview node and SLC node appear in my RSWho screen (RSLinx)? Any particular thing that is required in order to make this work?

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Herbert

From the Rslogix help files:

This feature is available when using SLC 5/05 OS501 and later processors.

The Channel to channel pass-thru feature lets you pass data from the processor's serial port (channel 0) to its Ethernet port (channel 1) and vice versa. The serial port must be configured for DF1 point-to-point or DH-485 communication.

Setting up pass-thru communications

Make sure the following conditions are met:

The serial port (channel 0) must be configured for DF1 point-to-point or DH-485 communication. Select your driver on the Channel 0 - System Mode screen.
A routing table file must be created. This places a routing table icon in the project tree. Select an integer file for the routing table on the Channel Configuration - Chan 1/System screen. This file stores up to 128 internet protocol (IP) addresses that may be accessed by a device or devices connected to the RS232 serial port using either the DF1 point-to-point or DH-485 protocol. Within this table the 4-byte dotted decimal IP address required by Ethernet protocol is cross referenced to a single-byte address making it compatible with the DF1 and DH-485 protocols.

The integer file containing the routing table must be at least 2 elements long.

You must enter the internet protocol (IP) addresses into the routing table. Do this by accessing the routing table from the project tree and typing in the IP addresses that may be accessed by devices connected to the RS232 serial port. You can store up to 128 IP addresses here. Each IP address requires 2 words of the integer file. If an Ethernet device's IP address is not in the routing table you cannot send data packets through to the RS232 serial port side. The routing table is stored in the SLC 5/05.

Two bits in the Channel 1 - status file must be set or reset to control whether the gateway feature is enabled for your communication requirements.

If you are using DF1 point-to-point communication, make sure bits S:34/0 (DH-485 Gateway Disable Bit) and S:34/5 (DF1 Gateway Enable Bit) are set to 1.
If you are using DH-485 communication, make sure bits S:34/0 (DH-485 Gateway Disable Bit) and S:34/5 (DF1 Gateway Enable Bit) are reset to 0. This is the default condition for the software.

Warning! Take care when downloading a new user program to a functioning 5/05 gateway link. After a download the 5/05 processor immediately begins using the new program. To avoid disruption of the gateway operation or alteration of the communication link, be sure that the routing table contents, the enable bit, and the link IDs in the new user program are identical to those of the previous user program.

RSLogix 500 - Copyright Rockwell Software 2000, 2001, 2002

Ken,

Forgive my ignorance, but if I have a similar setup, except both the PV+ and SLC 5/05 are connected to a hub with a dial-up modem connected to the serial port of the SLC, could I then see the PV+ and download to it over the modem connection? This would be neat.

Thanks,
Marty

Martyh, I've never tried that, but it might work.
From the previous post:
The Channel to channel pass-thru feature lets you pass data from the processor's serial port (channel 0) to its Ethernet port (channel 1) and vice versa. The serial port must be configured for DF1 point-to-point or DH-485 communication.

The "vice versa" part seems to indicate that you could do what you want.
Perhaps someone else has tried it. All the apps I've dealt with worked the other way, using ethernet to access serial data.

I've experimented with it some on the setup that I have and can't seem to get it to work. The PV+ just won't show up as a node in RSLinx. I would be interested in knowing if anyone has done anything similar to this, however.

Regarding Intouch connectivity with S7-313C

Hi,

Will anybody help me or send me the procedure to configure the connection between intouch and s7 313c.And also the things required for the same.

I am in urgent need of it.

Thanks

Munawer