PanelView 550 touchscreen problem

dwg

Has anyone had problems with thier touch screen getting dead spots
in the upper portion of the screen? Is this always a hardwareproblem? I'm having repeat problems with this on different machines. I can replace the unit with a rebuilt one and it will
work for a few days to a few weeks, then the touchscreen stops responding to touch in the upper part of screen. Reloading the program does not fix the problem.

Has anyone had problems with thier touch screen getting dead spots
in the upper portion of the screen? Is this always a hardwareproblem? I'm having repeat problems with this on different machines. I can replace the unit with a rebuilt one and it will
work for a few days to a few weeks, then the touchscreen stops responding to touch in the upper part of screen. Reloading the program does not fix the problem.

I have also same problem but it is middle or some time whole touch screen not working. Pl. suggest.

Upgrade it. It is a hardware problem, and that hardware is obsolete (assuming you're dealing with a PanelView standard).

Tell us the complete part number of your HMI so we can assess your options.

Pretty common on the 550's

If it is a model with key pad as well as touch just reconfigure the application to use the F keys instead of the touch pad.

If no keypad, you can move the items in the dead area to areas that are not and then reload the revised application.

Best scenario though would be to upgrade to a more modern panel.

BCS

Pretty common on the 550's

If it is a model with key pad as well as touch just reconfigure the application to use the F keys instead of the touch pad.

If no keypad, you can move the items in the dead area to areas that are not and then reload the revised application.

Best scenario though would be to upgrade to a more modern panel.

BCS

There is only touch pad

Ugh, having ControlNet communications means that any replacement will have to take advantage of a different means of connecting to the PLCs with which it reads and writes data. Unless there is a modern replacement HMI that supports ControlNet that I am unaware of

So the next question becomes what device(s) must this HMI communicate with?

Ugh, having ControlNet communications means that any replacement will have to take advantage of a different means of connecting to the PLCs with which it reads and writes data. Unless there is a modern replacement HMI that supports ControlNet that I am unaware of

So the next question becomes what device(s) must this HMI communicate with?

communicating via ControlNet.

There are several 2711-T5A15L1 units available in the open market.
If you want to upgrade, you can also purchase a Panelview Plus with A 2711P-RN15S module (controlnet module).
You attach the 2711P-RN15S module to any PanelView Plus, voila, you can connect your PLC to the PV+ controlnet.

Help!!!

help me with PanelView 550 touchscreen error 686 panelview offline, and cannot enter configuration setting.

thx

IMG_20170421_152707.jpg

Your HMI is not connected to the PLC.

Turn terminal power Off and then back On with both Left and Right Arrow keys pressed; when in the configuration screen verify the communications setup on both the HMI and the PLC.