AB SD Card Alternative

califflash

I was wondering if anyone has found a different brand of SD card that they have gotten to work with the Allen Bradley 5370 Compactlogix.

My company is supporting 30+ pieces of equipment in 3 different plants all of which are currently utilizing 1769-L18ER processors. The equipment is currently running on several different revisions. My plan was to buy a bunch of the SD cards and keep master copies of all of the programs by build at my office and at each remote location to have the relevant builds on hand in case they ever had a problem. This would also make revision changes easy since an engineer would not have to travel to make a change. At $102 a piece this is cost prohibitive.

To my knowledge the only cards certified to work with the 5370 line are of course the Allen Bradley 1gb and 2gb cards. Has anyone gotten a scan disk or other SD card to work with these processors?

I know this isn't your exact application, but I have used the transcend SD cards off amazon.com in all my PanelView Plus 6s without issue.

I don't believe that we have any 5370 CPUs but I can see if they pick up just fine in a L43 if you would like.

I know in the past Siemens made it that you had to use their SD Cards, but something in the back up my mind from AB training courses suggested you could use any card.

Have you tried it? Be interested to know.

Thinking aloud, if its only 3 sites, might be worth considering remote access, if everything is networked.