GE Fanuc VersaMax Easy Program Store Device

CaseyK

In the cornfields, on the prarie, outside Chi-Town
Just ran across something else that I haven't seen before.

QUOTE: "The new VersaMax Easy Program Store device from GE Fanuc Automation enables users to perform program and configuration field upgrades to their VersaMax modular CPUs without a computer."

Guess this is just a small transportable memory card type unit.

So, anyone seen one of these?

This may have been a good solution to a thread a couple months back where someone needed to modify a program in Asia. Don't remember how that one ended, but shipping a cpu seemed like to cheapest route at the time.

regards.....casey

This sounds like a real cool idea. My rep was in today, but didn't know much about them. This would save me having to drive acroos the state for a simple change. FedEX is a wonderful resource. Must of our customers could handle this device, some even had handheld programmers on the 9030 plcs.

Went to a remote location in Door County, the head electrician quit, so his replacement did everything with the hand held unit, and logic was wrote on paper towels. No back up or hard copies. Very scary indeed.

Any other manufacturers make anything like this?

paul