Red Lion G304K Alarm Viewer

OkiePC

Lifetime Supporting Member
My alarm viewer only shows active alarms and I need one that will show an Alarm History. I did not see any options in the Alarm Viewer to accomplish this. I have been looking at the Event Viewer, and I am not sure if that's what I need, but would like some advice.

Thanks,
Paul

OkiePC
The event viewer would show you a history of alarms and events. You can also choose to send your events to the CF card for a longer history.

Thanks
Jeremy

Thanks Jeremy.

If I drop in an Event Viewer are there other things besides alarms that would appear in it? I don't think I have created any events.

Also, the G304K doesn't have a compactflash card, but I have added a datalog for a trend just to experiment with. Will there be any problem with that datalog filling up internal memeory? Do I need to manage it's size?

Thanks,
Paul

Sorry I didn't take notice to the mention of the G304K. Yes all events will be shown in the event viewer, but if you don't configure any other events it will only show alarms.

The datalogging doesn't really happen in the kadets. The datalog config is just for trending, which is done from the internal memory. The only way you would run into a memory issue is if you allocate more than 256K to the trend buffer.

Thanks
Jeremy

...The datalogging doesn't really happen in the kadets. The datalog config is just for trending, which is done from the internal memory. The only way you would run into a memory issue is if you allocate more than 256K to the trend buffer.

Thanks
Jeremy

Okay, now you'll have to explain where I check the trend buffer size. I am not seeing anything on this in the Data Logger object or on the Trend Viewer.

Paul

Cool. The Event viewer made a nice alarm history. I put in some test logic in the PLC to trigger all the alarms so I could verify them, and it all works great.

The trend chart for a tank level is awesome too, and I was a little worried when I saw how few things can be configured in C3, but it works great and has more than enough navigation options for this application.

I still have a solid red alarm LED, but I am not going to worry about that (it's tiny anyway...).

The contrast between this thing and the PV300 Micro it replaced is stunning. It's like switching from Pong to Playstation3.

Thanks for all your help guys, I am going to put a bow on this one and call it a Friday...

Paul

Cool. The Event viewer made a nice alarm history. I put in some test logic in the PLC to trigger all the alarms so I could verify them, and it all works great.

The trend chart for a tank level is awesome too, and I was a little worried when I saw how few things can be configured in C3, but it works great and has more than enough navigation options for this application.

I still have a solid red alarm LED, but I am not going to worry about that (it's tiny anyway...).
Black permanent marker!!! $0.75 USD at Office max OR electrical tape (not integrated to C3 solution, use at your own risk)!!!

The contrast between this thing and the PV300 Micro it replaced is stunning. It's like switching from Pong to Playstation3.

Thanks for all your help guys, I am going to put a bow on this one and call it a Friday...

Paul
It's Friday, what did you expect??