how to exchange the datas between PLC and DCS?

hi everybody,

how to exchange the datas between PLC and DCS?

Description of Problem:
i m having s7-300 SIEMENS PLC with TP-170B operator panel. My DCS is of YOKOGAVA make. i m connecting the DCS with PLC via PROFIBUS network. my plc program having db10 data block for alarm bits. Sir, i want to give alarm signals from PLC to DCS so that the alarms will be displayed on DCS. What will be the changes in my hardware configuration?

Pls, give me the solution .

thanking for your cooperation.

Hello jayesh;

Will the S7-300 and the Yokogawa be peers (masters) or will they be master and slave? In the last case, which one is he master?
Let's say you are using master/slave comms:
You will need some modifications of configuration in both systems.
First you must configure the slave, select a Profibus address and determine the number of data exchanged with the master (say your DB10 is 12 btes long): you must reserve 12 bytes IN in the slave (IN=read from the master).
Next configure the master. Include the slave's gsd file, insert one instance on the bus and give it the Profibus address previously selected; configure 12 bytes OUT (OUT=written to the slave) to send the data to the slave. The Profibus configurator (the Hardware Config editor of Step 7, if your master is the S7-300)will select unused I/o addresses for the exchange. say, 12 bytes OUT from QB200 to QB211.
You will now have to transfer the data in DB10 to the I/O area selected by Profibus. that is MOVE the contents od DB10 to QB200-211.
Once connected, and if bus configuration is adequate, you should exchange the data as required, seamlessly.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier.

Just to add something:
I heared from many DCS guys that they exchange the important data between PLC and DCS using hard wires.

dchartier said:
Hello jayesh;

( if your master is the S7-300)will select unused I/o addresses for the exchange. say, 12 bytes OUT from QB200 to QB211.
You will now have to transfer the data in DB10 to the I/O area selected by Profibus. that is MOVE the contents od DB10 to QB200-211.
Once connected, and if bus configuration is adequate, you should exchange the data as required, seamlessly.
Hope this helps,

i could not able to understand how to reserve all this input and output could you more spicified pls

gh_ounie said:
dchartier said:
Hello jayesh;

( if your master is the S7-300)will select unused I/o addresses for the exchange. say, 12 bytes OUT from QB200 to QB211.
Hope this helps,

i could not be able to understand how to reserve all this input and output could you more spicified pls