Greetings,

I'm trying to do this, in SCL:

Code:
TAR2  
AD    DW#16#FFFFFF
L     P##Input_ANY
+D
LAR1
I just can't seem to find a similar function for SCL. Don't you still need the offset depending on which multi instance you are using?

I guess I don't need to put it in AR1, but I still need it for BLKMOV, I think.

What I've seen so far, AR1 & AR2 can't be accessed in SCL, which confuses me. Since it will be compiled to STL anyways.

Last edited:
You need to describe the functionality you require. Showing the functionality in SCL that will not compile may help.

You need to describe the functionality you require. Showing the functionality in SCL that will not compile may help.

Ah, thanks for feedback.

Functionality:
I have an FB with an Input variable that is of the ANY type.
(Input_Variable)

To transfer the data area of this pointer to the temp area in the block, I use SFC20.
Code:
T_RET_VAL:= BLKMOV(SRCBLK := Input_Variable, DSTBLK := SEND_BUFFER);
In this case the "SEND_BUFFER" is just an array of 512 bytes.

But what if I have to use two or more of this FB multi instanced? If it was STL I'd have to use something like the code I posted in message one. Otherwise the BLKMOV would move the wrong data after multi instance 1.
Edit: Id have to use that code, before building the ANY pointer for DSTBLK

It's not that I can't compile, it's just that I cannot see how you are supposed to get this offset in SCL.
Edit: With "this offset" I mean, the offset in the DI from 0 to the start of the multi instance data.

Last edited:
Here's some example code along the lines of your description - I've tested this and the correct data ends up in second instance.

Code:
FUNCTION_BLOCK FB100
VAR_INPUT
Input_Variable:ANY;
end_var    
VAR_TEMP
T_RET_VAL:INT;
END_VAR
VAR
Send_Buffer:ARRAY[1..16] OF int;
END_VAR
T_RET_VAL:= SFC20(SRCBLK := Input_Variable, DSTBLK := SEND_BUFFER);