control Net Module 1756 - CNBR on line replacement

deviprasad137

Hi,

Could u have any experience regarding Control Net module (1756 - CNBR) on-line replacement. one of our gas station in our plant is operating with control logix redundancy system.

we found that secondary PLC controller is not in run mode due to its control net module failure showing Ok indication in red color steady and error message scrolls in display. could u please tell me whether power re-boot is enough to rectify the fault or need to replace the control net module. if require whether any re-schedule required or it will be schedule auto when primary is in run mode, because this system is very critical I cannot shutdown the primary plc.. plz help me how to proceed further its very urgent

your

control Net Module 1756 - CNBR on line replacement
Hi,

Could u have any experience regarding Control Net module (1756 - CNBR) on-line replacement. one of our gas station in our plant is operating with control logix redundancy system.

we found that secondary PLC controller is not in run mode due to its control net module failure showing Ok indication in red color steady and error message scrolls in display. could u please tell me whether power re-boot is enough to rectify the fault or need to replace the control net module. if require whether any re-schedule required or it will be schedule auto when primary is in run mode, because this system is very critical I cannot shutdown the primary plc.. plz help me how to proceed further its very urgent

your

What exactly is the error message on the display ?

If this is a critical system you need a TechConnect support contract with Rockwell Automation.

It is very likely that the module requires replacement. If it does, you will not need to reschedule the network, only replace the module.

1756 - cnbr

What exactly is the error message on the display ?

If this is a critical system you need a TechConnect support contract with Rockwell Automation.

It is very likely that the module requires replacement. If it does, you will not need to reschedule the network, only replace the module.

Dear Ken roach,

Thank u for your reply, I already replaced the module but CNBR ok led is blinking in green color & CPU is not going to RUN mode, 1756 - SRM module is showing disqualified, so it requires re-scheduling or any configuration needs,
I am worry because I don't want to disturb primary CPU, because it is very critical system. please suggest me.

thank you,,prasad

If this is a critical system in a gas plant, you should have a TechConnect contract with Rockwell Automation which will give you access both to telephone and e-mail support and also the RA Knowledgebase.

It is likely that the 1756-CNBR module that you inserted into the system does not have the correct firmware for use with that specific release of ControlLogix Redundancy.

Do you know what firmware release you are running on this system ?

There is a software utility that is shipped with the Redundancy release firmware that allows you to view the specifics of the 1756 Redundancy module and the reasons that it won't go into Qualified mode.

I am curious about the original module failure. Do you recall what exact message text was scrolling across the 1756-CNBR module display on the failed module ?

1756 - CNBR faulty

First of all thank u for your prompt reply.....

Please find below list of scroll text message on Control net Card (1756 - CNBR) in secondary PLC.

1. Task ID - 004E31B0

2. Task Name – PAR

3. Assert - Rev 11.005

4. PC - 0019A468

5. DAR - 004E31B8

6. Vector Number – 0000100

7. Build – 012

8. Main C Line – 1278

9. DISCR - 000009

The version of this card is 11.5, I need if i replace the control card 1756 - CNBR with new one 11.5 version whether require any re-scheduling with out disturbing the primary PLC.any procedure could u plz share it, it would be great full if i recieved it.....

If this is a critical system in a gas plant, you should have a TechConnect contract with Rockwell Automation which will give you access both to telephone and e-mail support and also the RA Knowledgebase.

It is likely that the 1756-CNBR module that you inserted into the system does not have the correct firmware for use with that specific release of ControlLogix Redundancy.

Do you know what firmware release you are running on this system ?

There is a software utility that is shipped with the Redundancy release firmware that allows you to view the specifics of the 1756 Redundancy module and the reasons that it won't go into Qualified mode.

I am curious about the original module failure. Do you recall what exact message text was scrolling across the 1756-CNBR module display on the failed module ?

I will not personally attempt to guide your through the step-by-step process of firmware installation and diagnostics of a 1756-CNBR module in a critical system.

Critical systems should not be maintained or diagnosed by novice users, and I am unwilling to extend my professional liability to you.

I'm sure you're an intelligent and experienced person in other aspects of your career, but your inexperience with ControlLogix Redundancy means your employer should seek out and hire or contract qualified personnel, whether via Rockwell Automation's TechConnect technical support service or via another experienced engineering company in Qatar.

1756 - cnbr

finally 1756 - cnbr faulty rectified by re-booting the power supply and it get resetted and now it is synchronized with primar plc.