Factorytalk SE

randheerp

Hi,

I am experienced in iFix SCADA but new to Factorytalk SE SCADA.

In iFix we can write script in the Scheduler (Which can act as a global script) to store Tag data in a Database (Using ODBC) and use scheduler properties.

In Factorytalk SE where can i do this? See, I can see a platform to write script (VBA Script) under a display page, but cant find a place to write a global script.

Is this achieved in Factorytalk SE using Macros?

T&R

Randheer

Hi.

Have a look at the DATALOG file option. You will need to make a DATALOG file, and then set it up to use ODBC for storage. Add the tags to the model.

Make sure to turn the DATALOG on with the command "DataLogOn Filename" (I run this in a startup Macro.

You can trigger snapshots with "DataLogSnapshot Filename" to act as the trigger, which can be scripted wherever.

If you want it scripted in VBA it would be"

ExecuteCommand("DataLogSnapshot Filename").

Hope that helps.

Thanks Commando.

I tried DATALOG file option and its working.

To be precise, i want to know where i can write a global script in FTV SE?

Thanks Commando.

I tried DATALOG file option and its working.

To be precise, i want to know where i can write a global script in FTV SE?

It depends what you want to do.

You can run an EVENT file that will execute things "globally" (from the server). However, lots of commands CANT be ran - because they don't know where to execute. Example - "Display XYZ" can NOT be ran from an EVENT file because it doesn't know where to execute.

Generally I have a "background" screen that runs on all clients that is cached and running in the background.

To your startup macro add the following:

Display BackgroundScreen /ZA

Then have all of your code on the BackGroundScreen.

Hope that helps.