Factorytalk View SE Data logging

I created the users. It started working than randomly stopped working this morning and hasnt logged anything since.

What happens if you put the datalog on demand and assign the command to a button. Does that work? Is your sql server local?

Last edited:
Ok, my experience with local service was on a local sql server. Maybe you need to add the "network service" and "system" user and give them sysadmin rights.
Did you issue DatalogSnapshot with the button?

Last edited:
Any updates on the use of the remote SQL server for data logging?
I'm interestet because maybe i have to switch from the local sql server to a remote one in a future project.

Local or Remote really doesn't matter. FTView "DataLogging" will randomly just plain shut off, with no indication. Or the trend window will simply fail to retrieve the data, that happens a lot as well.
FTView Logging has been broken now for at least a decade, and it's not going to get fixed soon.
For a while, specifying a specific database user on the datalog configuration worked, but that got broken by a "Services Platform" update.

I've moved all of my datalogging off to Ignition, and it has been both painless and flawless. An added bonus with Ignition is that if you save a trend's data to a spreadsheet, it doesn't populate 90% of the cells with invalid zero values.