TIA System Screens

boneless

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi all,

When one sets up a new hmi with the wizard, it is possible to add systems screens, is it possible to add these screens automatically in an existing project? Or alternatively, can the screens be updated when the screens are copied?

Hi all,

When one sets up a new hmi with the wizard, it is possible to add systems screens, is it possible to add these screens automatically in an existing project? Or alternatively, can the screens be updated when the screens are copied?

I don't know of a way to run the wizard retroactively. The screens could be copy/pasted in from another project, if needed. Really, all the functions on those screens can be added to any button; there's no magic in the wizard, just time savings.

What did you mean by "updated"?

Hi!

Yes we usually copy and update manually, it is not that much really. Project name, date, versions, connections etc. But since it is automated in the wizard, I was wondering why it is not possible to update it.

Hi!

Yes we usually copy and update manually, it is not that much really. Project name, date, versions, connections etc. But since it is automated in the wizard, I was wondering why it is not possible to update it.

If you're using a template, you might be able to change some things there, to save time. Also, hypothetically, you could make your own wizard with Openness, but you're starting from scratch in something like C++.

I'm hoping someone else knows how to restart the wizard, I've been wanting to do it as well, but never found a way.

I will let you know, it is a minor inconvenience, not enough to get me to write a script for it :)