Upgrade from Slc5/03 to SLC5/05

Rehu09

Hello all,
What are status bits need to look when we upgrade SLC 5/03 to SLC 5/05 processor. I have right now SLC 5/05 processor I want to replace this with SLC 5/03 processor which is in line running right now.
At first step I would change the processor information in program. Do I have to configure channels again? Channel 0 and Channel 1
Do I have to play with any of the status bits.

Hello all,
What are status bits need to look when we upgrade SLC 5/03 to SLC 5/05 processor. I have right now SLC 5/05 processor I want to replace this with SLC 5/03 processor which is in line running right now.
At first step I would change the processor information in program. Do I have to configure channels again? Channel 0 and Channel 1
Do I have to play with any of the status bits.

Which is it? You are replacing a 5/03 with a 5/05 or the other way around?

In either case, you will need to configure channel 1, since those two processors differ in that area. Channel 0 should stay the same, but it is a good idea to check the settings just in case you pick a different FRN series which may or may not support the exact same settings.

It is probably a good idea to look at the usage of any status values in the logic just case the file is monitoring or manipulating bits that might be associated with the DH485 or Ethernet channels which are going to be disrupted. It is rare that those elements are accessed by ladder logic, but not unheard of.

The software will prompt you to resize data tables when you change processor type. I normally uncheck that option so the software doesn't trim away all my spares.

Also, if there is a diagnostic file assigned to channel 1 in the original program, it may need to be sized differently for the new program.

That's about it...in most cases, it is a very easy thing to switch processor types among the same controller family.