Factorytalk View SE Data logging

JeffM93

Hey Guys,

I'm somewhat new to Data logging so try to bare with me. I'm trying to setup Data logging in Factorytalk View SE to log to my SQL database. I have created the 32-bit ODBC system DSN. Created the datalog model in FT View Studio and selected ODBC and it created my tables fine (Float, String, Tag). I chose Login required. I also setup a File backup path. With that being said, when I use the command DatalogOn- It will start the Datalog model without any errors, but will only log to the backup path. It isn't logging anything to my SQL DB. I thought it could be the firewall blocking it so I created a rule to allow connections through the specified port. SQL is also allowing Reading/Writing.

Let me know if you guys have any suggestions. Thanks!

I already have it setup like your picture above. What is throwing me off is why its logging to the backup path but not to the SQL DB.

Yeah I'm using both Windows & SQL authentication. TCP is enabled. I made sure the port is open in the Firewall. And yeah I'm using SQL Server 2014 32 bit

Does the login account actually have SQL rights to manipulate the database? I just spent two hours banging my head against that one here; created a new database for Ignition, and completely forgot to give the Ignition DB login rights to do anything with it.

/sigh

yeah im absolutely dumbfounded.. lol. Spoke to Rockwell and of course they have no clue. Is your SQL on a local or remote computer