Weintek Passthrough --> Siemens S7-300 MPI

arjenbin

Hi All,

For some days now I have been working on a pass-through link with my Weintek CMT-SVR and Siemens S7-315-2DP.

Hardware:

Weintek CMT-SVR-100
Siemens CPU-315-2DP

I have set up communication through Com3 of the Weintek Server, and this works fine, reading and writing into a local DB in my Siemens PLC.
Now I would like to take this one step further and try to connect my Step7 software to the PLC, through the Weintek Server. This should be possible, and is called "pass-Through".

If I look at the Weintek PLC Connection guide on page 1114, they mention a destination IP adres. Does anybody know what this IP actually is? The manual says that this is the Siemens application IP adres??

In the Utility Manager from Weintek there is the possibility to set up the Pass-Through connection, by filling in your HMI IP adres, and the Communication port. I have the communication port at 8000, and the pass-through port at 2000 (standard). However, the Utility Manager says that it is unable to connect to the PLC (please check HMI IP adress and port number)..
I am able to Ping the HMI, so the IP should be fine..

Is there anyone who did this setup before?
Thanks in advance..
Arjen

I have not done serial pass through, but did you see chapter 29 from the Weintek user manual?
It's all about pass through and specifically for Siemens.

You may find a little bit more info if you take a look at the Maple Systems EZBuilder Pro user manual. CHeck their website downloads for it.

I find it useful to check both manuals; sometimes one or the other will have additional info.

Hi I have managed to get the communication up and running.
I used the ew*n Manual to get things working on the Step7 side.
I had to install a gateway in Netpro, so my MPI PLC wil talk over Ethernet..

System Settings EBpro:

Tab Device, PLC Connection Settings

PLC Type: Siemens S7-300 MPI
I/F: RS-485 2W
Com3 (187.5K,E,8,1)
PLC Station # 2 (MPI Adress)
Max. Station Number: 31
Pass-Through Settings: Both checkboxes turned off

Tab Model:
HMI Model: CMT-SVR
HMI Station Number: 3 (MPI Adress)
Port no: 8000
Support iE/Xe: yes
Port: 8010
Pass Through (Virtual Com Port): 2000

Utility Manager:

Select Model: CMT Series, Analysis and testing, Pass-Through

Ethernet,
MPI ISOTCP
IP adres (HMI) 192.168.178.76 or different
Comm Port 8010
Pass-Through Port 102
PLC COnnection COM3

Siemens Step7:

Set PC/PG Interface, TCP/IP(Auto)-> Your Network Adapter Name

Then:

Option 1:

Upload Station to PG
Can be reached by means of Gateway
MPI, 2, 005C-001, 192.168.178.76 (CMT-SVR IP adres)
This has the disadvantage that comments and symbols will not be
transferred from the plc to your project.
So go to option #2 and set up a Gateway in Step7 Netpro

Option 2:

Setting up a Gateway.

- Go in Step7 to Netpro/Connections
- Put an empty "Simatic PC Station" in the editor
- Open the PC station, and add the CPU412-2 PCI
- Also add an IE General Ethernetcard
- Follow pages 33 - 40 in the **** Manual:
https://****.biz/sites/default/files/aug-037-0-en-remote_access_for_siemens_s7-300400_plcs.pdf

After doing this, the Ethernet connection will be automatically rerouted to the MPI Connection.
Now you van talk with your MPI PLC through Ethernet.

Kind regars,

Thanks for your help..
Arjen Bin

I have been attempting to do the same with an Allen Bradley 503 I have connected to HMI through Serial Port rs232.
When I attempt to make changes in the Project Manager (EB8000 using a Weinview MT8070iH) I get the following warning Please Select "Run as Administrator" to execute Project Manager!! I am the administrator on this laptop and cant seem to make changes in this application.
My main question if I can get this enabled will I be able to use the HMI as a Serial to Ethernet converter for a network on the machine. I am currently using the 1761 NET-ENI which is limited.
I have not used the Weintek/Weinview extensively and am try to figure out all its possibilities. Thanks