ML1400 ethernet Bandwidth

clupie

I am using a MicroLogix 1400 connected by Ethernet to a "private" network at work. I made an application using Studio 5000 ME on desktop computers. There are a total of 12 computers using a .mer file. Each computer is talking to a single Compact logix that is connected to the switch at the cell and also talking to a ML1400 in the back of the building using the "private" network. So the ML1400 has 12 computers connected to it using the "private" network. The problem I'm having is the reaction time of my application. The reaction time for the compact logix is great but when I connect 12 cells to the ML1400 the screens for that system are very slow to react. 4 to 5 seconds to change states. All I'm doing is enabling cell users and updating a status board on who is using the system. No big calculations.
I've tried changing the max tag update rate on the screens with no success. Tried deleting several displays from my .mer application. No luck. If I have only 2 or 3 cells talking to the ML1400 the reaction time is great so it seems to be a bandwidth issue. I have not talked with my IT network guy yet, just thought I would put something out there for ideas.
Thanks for the help