S5-95U memory full

dwoodlock

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all,

Having an issue with a project that I am working on.

Tried to add a PB, and got a memory full fault.

I attempted to compress the memory, but still said memory is inadequate.

I then located a FB in the program that we were'nt using and deleted it from the PLC. I then edited that same FB to reflect the functions that I wanted to see.

I then attempted to transfer the FB back to the PLC and it says that the memory is full and inadequate.

At this point I cant help but wonder if there is some kind of protection or something that is causing this.

I would greatly appreciate any tips you can give me

Thanks in advance.

Maybe the memory is really full.

In STEP5, do this:
File menu ... Blocks ... Directory
Select "A" for all Blocks in "Blocks List"
In the right side of the screen you should get the program size in Words (multiply by 2 for the Byte value).

Compare this with what the CPU in question has available. I think the S5-95U had 16 kB memory, but maybe there were variants with more or less memory.

Another thing, maybe you get the error message if you try to download code that addresses illegal Timer, Merker or Counter values. Just a guess.

Jesper,

Thanks for your suggestions!

After this situation, I feel like I now have a better understanding of why you are always telling people that S5 is outdated and obsolete.

I was attempting to add a tool surveillance function to this machine, but from what I understand now the program is too large to be stored on the RAM of the controller, so edits must be made to the EPROM.

We have other presses with similar control systems, and they had added s7-200 controllers to perform tool surveillance functions, and now I know why.

Anyway I ended up going that route, and its working quite well now.

Thanks again