How I can Read and Write Data from PlC through vb.net applivation

Hi

I am new programmer and developing vb.net application that can control plc DorectLogic 06. So can any body tell me how I can read and write data from plc through vb.net application or any web site link that can help me please.

Thanks

When it release? can u give me some idea round about?
The next release of AdvancedHMI will not be available for 4-6 weeks, but I sent Glenn (the orinal author of the driver) an email with this forum thread. If he has time, he may be willing to send you a copy of the driver and some quick details on its use.

HI;
When it release? can u give me some idea round about?
Regards

I'm who Archie sent the email. Private mail me with your email address and I'll forward the driver source code that you can add to AdvancedHMI. This means that you will have to download and have AdvancedHMI configured for building under Visual Basic before adding this one file.

Last edited:
Hi;
Good day. Today i start to design a HMI screen but data is not read by the HMI. I do the following steps:
1. Download AvanceHMIV3 unzip it and double click the sln. File.
2. Build the Sloution. In toolBox component are added sucessfully.
3. Now unzip the SNP-x.zip(which sent by one of the member)copy the file SNP-x.vb into driver folder. Then Right click on the driver folder choose add existing items add the snp-x.vb.
4. Rebuild the solution again.
5.drag the snp-x on the form. Set the properties as follows.
A)Name=SnpxComm1
b)Async Mode=False
c) Attached=false
d)Baud rate=19200
e)Port=com1
f)Disable subscript=False
g)Parity=ODD
h)SNPID=
i)Stop Bits=1
IT is same as in the CPU configration.
Now drag the Digital Panel meter on the form. All the others properties are set by default.
The PLC Properties are as under:
A)Comm Components= SnpxComm1
b)PLCADDRESS Value=R160 (here is the data which want i read if i see the in the logix that register have the value 122)

Then build the application the panel meter shows nothing it shows 0.
How can i sucessful to read the data First?
Also i see in the tool box there is no PLOT LIGHT i see it in a video. Which version it have?
Please guide me how i fix the problem?
Regards

Hi;
Good day. Today i start to design a HMI screen but data is not read by the HMI. I do the following steps:
How can i sucessful to read the data First?
Also i see in the tool box there is no PLOT LIGHT i see it in a video. Which version it have?
Please guide me how i fix the problem?
Regards

I sent you an email with suggestions and a zip file with a little demo build that I hope will help. Like I said in the email, I suspect the problem is with the communication between the PLC and PC. So double check all the settings between the two systems and make sure the PLC is configured for RS232 not 485.