Control logix to slc 505 message instruction failure

kentuckytech

Hello all,
I have a problem i was wondering if anyone has ever ran into: I have a control logix processor that has been sending slc type write messages to a slc 505 via eithernet since labor day weekend with no problems. Well yesterday our IST department wanted me to configure the Plc network with a default gateway address on all of the plc's that didn't already have one so that we can link our plc, hmi and regular networks together. (by the way,the plant was down when i made the changes to the control logix ethernet card yesyerday)During the configuration of the control logix ethernet module i noticed that the subnet mask was 255.255.254.0 all of the other processors on the network had a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 including the slc 505 that the control logix has been messaging,which is the correct number, so i changed it to the correct mask when i added the default gateway. Well this morning i was awoke by a phonecall that there was a problem so i had to go to work and when i got online with the control logix processor i noticed that the message instructions were in error (no connection with destination processor. I cleared the error and the instruction would time out again.I even tried putting the subnet mask back like it was and removing the default gateway address but it still wouldn't work. Any Ideas? (by the way, the slc505 it's been messaging had the correct subnet mask and default gateway in it since laborday)

Thinking about the issue you describe, it might just be a simple fix to pull the 1756-ENBT out of the chassis and reinsert it. This will assuredly purge the ARP table of the module.

Hey Ken,

I cycled the power to the card like you suggested and the messages started sending to the slc like they were supposed to! Thanks alot for the help!!!