How to read/write between SLC500 and Controllogix via ethernet?

wilsonzhu

Hi all, I need to write program to read/write data between SLC500 and Controllogix via enthernet, For my knoledge, it can use MSG instruction, but I never use it before. Does anyone have any information or experience about that? Thanks a lot!

There are two things to remember when doing this.

In the control logix you need to create the path directly into the MSG instruction.
ie "LocalENB,2,192.168.0.1" will get you straight to 192.168.0.1 through your 1756-ENBT module.

secondly, you need to use Logic->Map PLC/SLC Messages to map a file number to a tag name for the SLC to Control Logix comms.

Everything else is pretty easy to figure out.