1769 L32E GSV programming for monitoring fault status

sumesh

Hi frnds,

Can anyone help me out for using the GSV instruction for 1769 L32E CPU. i have used GSV normally for CLX and it works, but in this case it is not working.

I can find that whenever there is a fault in IO the CPU goes into fault mode and does'nt executes the GSV instruction.;)

Any way out to solve this.

Sumesh,

One thing you could do is untick the major fault on controller box in the modules setup as shown in the picture.

Then use a GSV instruction and use that to monitor the status of the I/O module.

Mark

Fault.jpg

Hi Mark,

Thanx for your reply.

But unfortunately that check box is disabled for 1769L32E processors. We can only play with this box if we have a CLX controller.

Though we can uncheck the box for IO modules, but for compact logic the box is checked & disabled.

Is ther any other way to uncheck or make the box enabled.

I can find that whenever there is a fault in IO the CPU goes into fault mode and does'nt executes the GSV instruction.

If you un-check the box, which I have shown in the previous post, when any I/O faults it will not fault the processor, which is what you asked.

I have just set up a test project and the option was there for me.

Mark