Factorytalk view SE mulitple screens

Udunit

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm creating a recipe entry system for Factorytalk View SE. We will have up to 250 ingredients for this system. Each of the manual ingredients will be weighed on a floor scale that is connected via Ethernet IP to the main PLC. The main selection screen (attached Display.pdf) will have the indicator populated with the ingredient name and when pressed will open a pop-up screen (Recipe entry). From this screen the operator will see the ingredient name and recipe quantity required. He will then select which floor scale to be used, measure the required amount into the scale and press verify. The system will confirm the correct amount and this will then be added to the mix. What I need to know is if there is a way to create only 1 recipe entry screen and have the tags automatically populated for the appropriate ingredient when the display is selected from the Display screen or do I need to create 250 recipe entry screens with the appropriate tags on each? Just looking for a way to speed up my programming!

Last edited:
In FTView SE you can also call the tags directly without the need for parameter files.

Let's assume a parameter file called "Recipe_1" which says:
#1 = Tag_123
#2 = Tag_456
#3 = Tag_789

So when your display is called like this:
Code:
Display Recipe_Screen /p Recipe_1
It looks at that parameter file and substitutes all references to #1 on the display with Tag_123, all references with #2 on the display with Tag_456, and so on.

Or, you can use the /t flag to specify the tags to substitute directly, like this:
Code:
Display Recipe_Screen /t Tag_123, Tag_456, Tag_789
It will do exactly the same - you just enter the tags to be sustituted in numerical order, and away you go.