GE RSTi-EP Remote IO?

NetNathan

Lifetime Supporting Member
Has anyone used these modules?
Comments?

I am doing a 24VDC RX3i system with Profinet to 2 RSTi-EP remote IO racks Curious about any setup issues and the RSTi-EP Analog and Digital IO modules.

Personally I have not used the EP line but I have coworkers who have installed them on conversion projects in place of Genius blocks. No issues that I know of.

I am considering them on an upcoming major marine project, for that specific purpose, Genius block replacement. Depends on marine approval status when the project engineering begins.

Last edited:
The easiest & quickest RIO I ever worked with. But do yourself a favor and get the documentation (IPIs) and read them before you start. But that will keep you out of the assumption trap for any new to you hardware or software. :)

I have been reading all the info on the modules I plan to use..
It is a little complicated...I have 4 seperately fused 24VDC signals for:
Power supply (Profinet Comm Module)
Digital Inputs
Digital Outputs
Analog I/O

I assume I need these modules to do that?
EP-8631 RSTi-EP Base Connector, Power Feed, Input Current path (for Digital Inputs)
EP-8641 RSTi-EP Base Connector, Power Feed, Output Current path (for Digital Outputs)

Now do I need 2 more for the Analog In and OUT, just run same 24VDC signal to both modules?