DDE link in Excel to contrologix

doggo

Folks,

I have a excel linking question that I have not been able to solve or find an answer to via googling.

I want to assign a spreadsheet cell with a formula like so:

=RSLINX|CLXPLC!'tagname[excel cell reference].property'

where: -tagname is an CLX DINT array like "tagname[100]".
-excel cell reference is a cell like "C2" or "D1"
-.property is a property tag of type DINT (for this example)

The Problem is the reference 'excel cell reference'. If I plug a number into the array, like [92], no problem and the PLC data is retrieved. But if I try to use a cell reference from within the spreadsheet, it doesn't work. My array number is in cell C2 so I've tried using !C2, 'C2', #C2 etc etc but always get a #NAME error.

Does anyone know how this is done? :confused: I have a feeling I need to cocantenate a string of the formula I want, first...

Tanks!

A total wild guess, I have not tried it, did you name the cell and then try to reference it in place of the C2?

Another guess, =C2.

After a bit of searching the web it does not seem possible.

The only solution I could find was to use VBA.