Cellular Modem to SLC 504 via serial port

RKaighen

Greetings:
I am trying to connect, via cellular modem, to existing SLC-504's located onboard ocean going vessels within cellular reach. These 504's, as you know, use a serial port for programming and troubleshooting.

We will have a mechanic come onboard, do his thing, and temperarlly connect this cellular modem to the SLC 504, via a straight through serial cable, for us to access over the internet from our laptops. SLC 505's use an ethernet connection and have no problem.

Using RS Links I setup a DF-1 driver using a assignable com port, COM15, 19200, N, 1, CRC, Full Duplex. I am using a Virtual COM Middleware application called "Serial-IP" from Tactical Software and set it up for COM15, using the cellular modems static IP address and port number 2222 (SLC504's serial port?)

The cellular modem is a AirLink Raven X configured for TCP Auto Answer which should accept the incomming data from the middleware, and convert the ip traffic back to serial for the SLC504.

I cannot get RSLinxs to connect to the modem. It browses and cannot find same. I can connect to the modem using the software for the modem, Wireless Ace 3G, but cannot get to the SLC 504 via serial or with RSLinks.

Anybody been here and done that or have suggestions?