Configuring and controlling a PowerFlex 70.

pranesh3994

Configuring and controlling a PowerFlex 70.
Processor = Control Logix 5000
Drive= AB PowerFlex 70
Communication = DeviceNet

Hello,

I am trying to actually run the Motor with the VFD using RSlogix 5000 and i do not have a proper idea as to how to go about it. All i need is, I Have all the Rockwell Software, and the above mentioned hardware. Can you please guide me as how to go about configuring and finally programming.

You will need RSNetworx for DeviceNet as well to set up the DeviceNet Network. Do you have that?

Stu.....

the other option would be to use an analog output card and send a frequency reference rather than through the devicenet.

Yes, I have RSNetworx for device net. The setup is already done. the Powerflex is connected through the devicenet and I have all the required software. I am looking for instructions on how to start off.

Yes, I have RSNetworx for device net. The setup is already done. the Powerflex is connected through the devicenet and I have all the required software. I am looking for instructions on how to start off.

Okaayyy. If all the setup is done, I am not sure what you are asking. I assume from that statement, you have the Powerflex (Which Powerflex?) Comm Card addressed, and in the Scanners Scan List. The Powerflex DeviceNet Card Manual will have the Command and Status Words. For example, it is in Appendix D for the 20-COMM-D Manual. This will tell you which Command Word Bits to turn on for Run, Stop, and Jog etc. You can also monitor the Status Word Bits for Run, Alarm, and Fault Status etc. Perhaps if you asked specific questions, we might better be able to help you.

Stu....