make a profibus network with plcsim

tomkens

dear friend
I have several question about plcsim. please help
how can we use it to check analog signals?
can we check a profibus network with it?how?(it is so important please introduce some resorces)
does it support integrated function moudle?
does it work with a real plc(as a master or slave)to make a profibus net?
can we run two virtual plc(with plcsim) in a cp or several pcs(in a network) to make a profibus net?
if you know any useful to add them it will be appreciated?
thank you

Hello tomkens;
i suggest you download the S7-PLCSIM manual from the Siemens website (www4.ad.siemens.de), click on Product support, then search for 1139071 (the ID number for the manual). It addresses most of your questions:
-you can access analog data directly through registers, or through the slider control built-in PLCSIM;
-once yoiu download a Hardware configuration that includes Profibus slaves, the slaves are seen as internal IO addresses of the CPU, so you access these as regular IO modules;
-PLCSIM does not support FMs, integrated or not;
-PLCSIM simulates a CPU; by itself, it does not communicate over Profibus. If you want these features, you must look to Siemens SoftPLC: WinAC/WinLC. These packages use PLCSIM as a front-end, and hardware or software CPUs that can access Profibus IO through a CP5611/5613 card.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier