EZ3 HMI will not communicate with PLC

TMcDaniel

I have an AVG EZ3 HMI that i am using with an AllenBradley Micrologix 1200. It is a new setup plc program and HMI project. I can not get the HMI to communicate with the PLC. Im pretty sure it is just an issue with the way i have the communication parameters set. The Baud, Parity, Check sum, and Stop Bits are all the same. I have upgraded the firm ware, used 2 different cables (they came off working PLC's). The connector on the HMI is female and so is the cable end so i am using a gender bender to make the connection. Does anyone have any more ideas for me to check before i go insane? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

I am plugged into the com1 port. I was on the phone with tech support and told them where i was plugged into and they didnt say anything about it. So im guessing your telling me i need the correct cable. Ive ordered things from you before can you give me the correct cable part number i need. Thank you

I am plugged into the com1 port. I was on the phone with tech support and told them where i was plugged into and they didnt say anything about it. So im guessing your telling me i need the correct cable. Ive ordered things from you before can you give me the correct cable part number i need. Thank you

I dont make them (only the programming cable), but from what I am reading in the manual page 15 to me you need a DB9 x DB15 adapter, the PM02 you have is the same 2,3 and 5, you can ring out the PM02 cable you have a make your own ?