Display from event with RSView SE Distributed

Greg Fowlds

Any one know how to popup a display from a Macro, Event or VBA on PLC bit change.

I am trying to pop a window when a bit is set in PLC.
Can trigger an event OK from PLC, but if in event action is "Display mywindow"
i get the message, "cannot open display from HMI server, must be from HMI client"
Same if I try from a macro that runs from event.
Works fine if same popup is triggered from an event from an on screen button.

I am wanting to put some data into a CSV file on a PLC Bit change.
For VBA to work it must be attached to a display and only appears to get tag data from that window and not direct from PLC.
So will need a window to open to trigger the VBA to do the save.
Without operator control.

Anone have any thoughts.

If that hidden window does not have focus would the VBA still be active and be able to pickup a tag change?

This is the version 4.0 SE.

I see that in 4.0 the VBA is only attached to the page.
Cannot find any client wide code area?

Last edited: