Quantum Memory Allocation

blawrenz

I am new to Modicon Quantum processors and have a couple of questions if anyone can help I would appreciate it.

PLC Model is a Quantum 140 CPU 113 02
Programming Software will be ProWORX Nxt

I understand the basics as far as
0xxx is for hardwired outputs and internal bits
1xxx is for hardwired inputs but cannot be written to
3xxx is for analog inputs but cannot be written to
4xxx is for analog outputs, internal timers, and registers, etc.

What I am trying to do is designate areas of memory for my projects. For instance our standard is to map the inputs to internal memory bits and utilize them in the program. For example input points 10001 thru 10032 would map to 01001 thru 01032.

I also want to set up an area for alarm bits, my question is how high can I address the 0xxx bits??

Can I set up a range of say 05001 through 05999?? What are the memory limitations for this processor??

Also, what are the ranges for the other memory areas, 1xxx, 3xxx, and 4xxx?

I am having trouble finding this information in the books that I have, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
B. Lawrenz

I never worked with Concept/ProWORX CPUs, know some about Unity CPUs only. But I think 0x, 1x, 2x, 3x memory areas are defined according to Modbus requirements (like Unity CPUs). This mean you cann't define memory area 5x.
Why you cann't use newest software (Unity Pro) and CPU?

According to the Quantum hardware manual for the CPU11302.
Discrete = 8192 In and 8192 Out
Register = 9999 max

Grambrinus, This is a customer specification, we are upgrading some old existing systems and they want to bring everything up to the same PLC and still be able to utilize their existing software in which their maintenance personel are familiar with.

Jim, Thanks for the feedback.

Excuse me, blawrenz, I maked a mistake yesterday. 05000 isn't 50000. You can define 05000 to 05999 area, of course.