Activation floppy to ???

Sorry, but there aren't any alternatives to using the floppies, hoever, tThere are a number of floppy image copiers available and they are quite cheap and work for Rockwell software keys. I must stress that these should only be used for backup purposes. Any other use is a violation of your license agreement. So if you have one license, you can only use that key on one PC at a time. Alternatively, if you suffer a loss of your key while in transit, Rockwell will provide you with an entry code to restore the key.

Try the floppy Image copier at

http://www.rundegren.com/

I have managed to move my activation successfully to a usb memory stick.Ater much of this though-----> bonkhead
btw you can move from the hard disk to a floppy under win 95 I am certain of this as i have done it many times but it definately WONT work under Windows XP unless you move it to the Master disk .As for moving the activation files to other media it needs to have a volume serial number and one that doesnt change when data is added to it as this is the copy protection.

Last edited:
Re: USB Floppy?

I have a Laptop with no floppy, and am using an external TDK USB Floppy drive, model # FDD-100A, purchased from a computer chain store.

It works fine with Rockwell activations, and even (much to my shock) Siemens Key-Disk activations.

It's actually doubly nice to use, as it's double a normal floppy speed.

OS: Win 2000 Professional, No drivers had to be installed for Win to recognize and use the USB floppy.

I have had some oddities with it and Siemens Key-Disks on Windows 98 and ME machines, it works (strangely) but on multi-master disks, it shows all activations available, except they aren't really.

That seems to be because the 98/ME machines keep putting it as drive E:.

Id like to know how you got the lic file onto a usb memory stick. I carry 4 types of files around with me depending on what machine Im working on and what plant Im at. That would be great to have it on a nice robust USB key

Severals way to do for backup license key

I do not know ..why you need to transfer an activation code or license key to another media.
Anyway, as my little brain know ...Still need a master keydisk to
install activation code with plc software.
However, if you need to make a backup master keydisk ..there are
several ways to do..
1.by some answer here..
2.make a backup Floppy disk by software (volume serial number has to check).
3.with some software ..can install the activation code and removing
code back to master keydisk (plc program still working)..

good in bad ..and bad in good
We are stand between Legal & Ilegal ..
For me ..This knowledge using for the institute only, not for business.
SO...can not tell more detail ...becasue for business side is
Ilegal to answer here..

platootod:D 🤾

Switch Media

The best reason I can think of for switching to another media is that quite often the PCs used at operating facilities, the cleanliness of the facilities is somewhat lacking. The first casualties are usually the floppy drives as dust applied to aluminized mylar spinning at high speed has the effect of killing the floppy.

GregM,

Have you tried the Rundegren ALL IMAGE product to image the activation floppy onto the USB memory stick? It seems like it should work?

USB floppy drive works fine. i have a laptop that somehow doesn't recognize the activations on the C drive, so i've been using the USB floppy until i get the hard drive figured out.

i am a robot,

I too have a laptop which uses USB port for a floppy drive and it works OK. That was not my question!!!

My question is can you image the Activation floppy onto a USB memory stick?

(NOT A USB BASED FLOPPY DRIVE !).

It seems that Rundegren "All Image" software might be able to do just that?

I just move my activation from my floppy to my USB drive without any problem with emove.
You must to have the master disk or image.

Myself, working in a dirty location, I keep back-ups of all my software activations. I don't feel that bad knowing that I have a back-up when I accidentally drop my floppy in a puddle or something. But, remember the fine line between legal and illegal.
Luckily, I'm only using one computer, so, i don't have to swap activations at the drop of a hat.