Wonderware Guru's Please

I've made a test with Access and obtained the same results. I think that I have not set the bindlist properly. Is there a special format to do it?

Serafin,

This may be a shot in the dark, but I noticed in your screenshot of your bindlist configuration, you called the bindlist "MyBind", but in your SQLSelect, you call it "MyBindList". Is this just a typo?

Yeah, it was a typo.

Actually, now that you mention it I know that the application is using the bindlist properly, because the column name is shown in the logger.

Should I use an specific data type for the tag in the bindlist? I am using Memory Int because the column that I am trying to access is integer.

Should I be using "I/O Int" types?

Something doesn't seem right about this line in the logger:

WWSQL Error>> Select SELECT MyColumn FROM MyTable WHERE MyPrimaryKey = 1

I would think it should say:

WWSQL Error>> Select SELECT consecutivo FROM MyTable WHERE id_entrada = 1

Not sure why it would have 'MyColumn' for the column name rather than the actual column.

One other thing to check is to make sure that the tag you created to store the value is Read/Write. It should be a Memory Integer type, so that part is OK.

Running out of ideas, but maybe we'll stumble on something soon.

Had another thought. When you set up your DSN, did you set it up with the a login name and password that has the permissions to SELECT from the table? You had said that you ran the query successfully from another external tool, so was wondering if you were logged in through that tool with the same user you set in your DSN.

Sorry, once again, for the confusion.

I used the names "MyColumn", "MyPrimaryKey" and "MyTable" as example; they are not the actual names that I am using. The problem is not there.

Actually, the query from the external tool was ran using the same DSN (therefore the same user), so I should be able to perform the SELECT.

I believe that the problem is in my Wonderware app (I am not configuring correctly something), considering that I am getting the same error when I try to retrieve data from an Access database. In the bindlist configuration says that I should introduce the "Tagname.FieldName", but I am just introducing the tagname. Should I add the field?

NOTE: I tried the exact same query that I got in the Wonderware logger from the external tool and it was successful at retrieving the required data.

I solved the issue. It was with the MDAC version as jshiepe suggested. I struggled a little bit in order to be able to update the MDAC but now I'm all done.

Matt, I know that NT is so old; but unfortunately we are stuck with it at the moment. We will get rid of it in a few months =).

Thank you very much for your help!

Well, its been 4 years and back into wonderware, company still hasn't provided any education or training, its basically learn it or we dont need you..

So I need a tutor or someplace i can learn how to use this.

6 years and still no actual education or training on wonderware.
Still need a tutor of some sort..

Link is no good...

Well... honestly, you can't expect a 7 year old link to be any good.

Call over to Logic, ask for Dave. They can hook you up with WW training. They run regular training sessions - been working with them for years...

I don't think you guys are understanding him, I am in the same boat, I too have to try to learn this on my own, I understand there are official classes, however, the company feels that expense is not warranted. However, I am being told the same thing, learn it on my own.
So what are those of us to do, if we cannot afford out of our pocket and yet the companies that hired us, will not spend the change to send us to those official schools.

I don't even know what a Indirect Tag is, does or how to make one, but im suppose to figure it out?

The WonderWare manuals are pretty good. I've been "doing" WW for almost 20 years and have never been to a class myself. The manuals, trial-and-error and the lot all still work.

I assume you're in the KC area too - contact the guys at Logic. They are good to work with and will likely have some information they can share with you.