pb32 covert to factorytalk

stu

hi guys
im having an issues converting a panelview 600 to panelview plus 600 ?
I have done 2 hmi program conversion on factorytalk studio but there is one that gives me a error when it starts converting? the error is unable to retrieve project information the server threw an exception ?
any ideas
im using a 32 bit win 7 laptop , factorytalk 5.1 .
I have looked on line and found something that said to make sure that the external fonts is in
C:\program files\Allen-Bradley\PBEX\Fonts
It's the same on the other screen I've done?
Lost any ideas would help
thanks stu

Last edited:
Well, I searched for pbex and found this thread. While trying to import a PB32 file into FT View ME it prompted me for admin right then error out on "Failed to Open project: xxx.pba"

older versions of panelbuilder may not convert.
do you know what release the panelview application was created on?

if you have the older software version, import the app and then do an upgrade to the next version (sorry, I cannot remember what the increment is.
the ugrade to 3.83.01 - last release.

you have to do the middle conversion, sorry.

james