Micrologix 1100 Channel 0 and Channel 1 issues

snizzypoo

Hi everyone.

I'm having major issues with both channels on my micro, all of which are self inflicted. Firstly I've been having trouble settling a static IP using bootp. I've been able to set an ip twice out of many attempts but never disable DHCP. While trying to remedy the problem I found that I can manually enter an ip and subnet in the channel configuration properties tab by unchecking the enable bootp box. After setting this and power cycling the ethernet port is now unresponsive. The jack doesn't even light up when connected. I've already tried pinging and have tested my cable on a different component.

I then searched these forums and found that I should try to download a new project with the stock configuration. What happened though is that I've deleted the channel 0 configuration and now I can't communicate through that port either. I've also tried unplugging the battery and switching the micro off for 20 min to no avail. Did I just brick this thing?

After restarting my computer and reconfiguring the DF1 driver I now have channel 0 working. However channel 1 is still dead. Anyone ever had this happen?

After restarting my computer and reconfiguring the DF1 driver I now have channel 0 working. However channel 1 is still dead. Anyone ever had this happen?

Yes, of course, especially after someone changed it.

For using Bootp, make sure you disable other E-net adapters, like Wireless adapter, second E-net card if you have one, virtual adapters like Virtualbox, Virtnet, .etc.

Next , set your PC/laptop to local IP like 192.168.1.10
Run Bootp - set mask 255.255.255.0 - and set your ML to the proper IP address - click Disable Bootp/DHCP button.

Yes, of course, especially after someone changed it.

For using Bootp, make sure you disable other E-net adapters, like Wireless adapter, second E-net card if you have one, virtual adapters like Virtualbox, Virtnet, .etc.

Next , set your PC/laptop to local IP like 192.168.1.10
Run Bootp - set mask 255.255.255.0 - and set your ML to the proper IP address - click Disable Bootp/DHCP button.

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately the problem is much worse than not knowing how to use bootp correctly. The socket on my micro doesn't even light up when plugged in. When you don't have your computer's IP and subnet correctly configured you simply won't be able to add relation. When I open bootp, it gives me an error message and closes. Before messing with the channel 1 configuration in the micro's channel configuration folder I was at least able to try to use bootp, now the socket is disabled.

I had disabled bootp and tried to manually set ip and subnet. in the channel configuration folder.The ip was displayed on the micro LCD along with the MAC address however the socket somehow was disabled. I couldn't ping it and my computer didn't recognize that my ethernet cable was plugged into the micro. I then set everything back the way it was yet the socket is still dead.

Perhaps you accidentally disabled your E-net adapter. Run device manager and show a screenshot of Network Adapters. and run CMD /k IPCONFIG /ALL > configout.txt.
Post your configout.txt here

I got the socket working! TBH I'm not sure how. I unplugged my ethernet cable from the micro and plugged it into my laptop just to see if the problem was on the desktop end. The laptop socket lit up and a local area connection was shown in the Network and Sharing Center screen. Then I plugged the cable back into the micro and now the socket is lit up/working. I seems the problem is with my computer. Thankyou so much for the help!