Allen Bradley PLC

karthiknd7

Is it possible to have 100 Allen Bradley PLC with same IP address. And if so, how? and why they using it so?

And if it is possible, how do we get those all 100 plc data's with same IP address into Ignition SCADA?

No, two or more devices connected to an IP network can not have the same IP.
It is precisely the IP that distinguishes one from other

It is possible to have 100 PLC's with the same IP address. But if they are on 'one'
network they are not going to communicate. If each is in its own isolated network, one would need some sort of 'router' or 'bridge' which would 'translate' the IP addresses to
something else and network them together.

I am assuming they are currently not networked together?

In which case I would think that you would need to assign each PLC a unique IP
address and then network them together.
Poet.

Why would 100 PLC's all have the same IP address?

Guess number one - All are set to the factory default.

Guess number two. The vendor assigned them the same so that their laptop
could easily access any of them using all the same settings.

Are they networked together?

If they are not networked together, are you planning on networking them?
Poet.

100 devices of any kind with the same IP address on the same network would pretty much disable the entire network unless the switches involved were very smart and setup correctly which would involve someone knowing what they doing who in turn would never allow 100 devices with the same IP addresses on the same network.